Terraform Cloud User Agreement HashiCorp, Inc.
This Terraform Cloud User Agreement, including all documents and terms incorporated by reference herein (collectively, the “Agreement”), is entered into by and between HashiCorp, Inc., a Delaware company with its principal place of business at 101 Second Street, Suite 700, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA (“HashiCorp”) and the organization you identified on HashiCorp’s Web site when you registered to use the SaaS Service (“Customer”). This Agreement is effective on the date you registered to use the SaaS Service (the “Effective Date”).
BY REGISTERING TO USE THE SAAS SERVICE, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF YOUR ORGANIZATION. YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE THE LEGAL AUTHORITY TO BIND YOUR ORGANIZATION TO THIS AGREEMENT, AND THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE SUCH AUTHORITY, OR IF YOU OR YOUR ORGANIZATION DOES NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU SHOULD NOT ACCEPT IT.
- “Affiliate” means with respect to a Party, any person or entity that controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with such Party, where “control” means ownership of fifty percent (50%) or more of the outstanding voting securities.
- “Authorized User” means a named individual that: (a) is an employee, representative, consultant, contractor or agent of Customer or a Customer Affiliate; (b) is authorized to use the SaaS Service pursuant to this Agreement; and (c) has been supplied a user identification and password by Customer.
- “Customer Data” means any electronic data or materials provided or submitted by Customer or Authorized Users to or through the SaaS Service.
- “Documentation” means the online help materials, including technical specifications, describing the features and functionality of the SaaS Service, which are located on HashiCorp’s publicly-available website at https://www.terraform.io/docs/enterprise, as updated by HashiCorp from time to time.
- “Intellectual Property Rights” means all current and future worldwide intellectual property rights, including without limitation, all patents, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade names, domain name rights, know-how and other trade secret rights, and all other intellectual property rights and similar forms of protection, and all applications and registrations for any of the foregoing.
- “SaaS Service” means the applicable version of HashiCorp’s Terraform Cloud hosted software application.
- “Subscription Term(s)” means, unless a different period is specified on the HashiCorp web page where Customer registers for and downloads the SaaS Service, a subscription period(s) of one (1) year during which Authorized Users may use the SaaS Service, subject to the terms of this Agreement.
- “Support Services” means the maintenance and support services provided by HashiCorp to Customer during the Subscription Term, as more fully described in Section 2.3 below.
- LICENSE AND SUPPORT SERVICES.
- License and Access Rights to the SaaS Service. HashiCorp will host the SaaS Service and will make the SaaS Service available to Customer during the Subscription Term(s), subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. The SaaS Service is offered to Customer at no cost, unless customer has selected a paid version of the Software. Customer’s access and usage of the SaaS Service may not exceed the typical and customary utilization of such service, as contemplated by HashiCorp in its sole discretion (including, but not limited to, creating/deleting an excessive number of workspaces, excessive creation/deletion of accounts, and any non-standard usage of compute resources), and may not interfere with other users’ utilization of the SaaS Service. HashiCorp may update the content, features, functionality, and user interface of the SaaS Service from time to time in its sole discretion, and may discontinue or suspend all or any portion of the SaaS Service at any time in its sole discretion, including during a Subscription Term; provided, that HashiCorp will give Customer at least fifteen (15) days’ advance notice before discontinuing the SaaS Service or materially decreasing the functionality of the SaaS Service during the Subscription Term. HashiCorp grants Customer a limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicenseable, nontransferable (except as specifically permitted in this Agreement) right to access and use the SaaS Service and its Documentation during the Subscription Term, solely for Customer’s internal business purposes. Customer may permit its Affiliates to use and access the SaaS Service and Documentation in accordance with this Agreement, but Customer will be responsible for the compliance of all Affiliates with this Agreement. For the avoidance of doubt, the SaaS Service is available only on a hosted basis, and Customer will not independently possess, run, or install the SaaS Service.
- Restrictions. Except as otherwise expressly set forth in this Agreement, Customer will not and will not permit any third party to: (a) sublicense, sell, transfer, assign, distribute or otherwise grant or enable access to the SaaS Service in a manner that allows anyone to access or use the SaaS Service without an Authorized User subscription, or to commercially exploit the SaaS Service; (b) copy, modify or create derivative works based on the SaaS Service; (c) reverse engineer or decompile the SaaS Service (except to the extent permitted by applicable law and only if HashiCorp fails to provide permitted interface information within a reasonable period of time after Customer’s written request); (d) copy any features, functions or graphics of the SaaS Service; (e) allow Authorized User subscriptions to be shared or used by more than one individual Authorized User (except that Authorized User subscriptions may be reassigned to new Authorized Users replacing individuals who no longer use the SaaS Service for any purpose, whether by termination of employment or other change in job status or function); or (f) access to or use of the SaaS Service: (i) to send, store, or serve as the infrastructure to facilitate infringing, obscene, threatening, or otherwise unlawful, unethical and/or potentially harmful material, including without limitation incitements to violence, defamatory material, public disinformation campaigns, and/or material violative of third-party privacy rights; (ii) in violation of applicable laws; (iii) to send or store material containing software viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other harmful computer code, files, scripts, or agents; (iv) in a manner that interferes with or disrupts the integrity or performance of the SaaS Service (or the data contained therein); (v) to gain unauthorized access to the SaaS Service (including unauthorized features and functionality) or its related systems or networks; (vi) Circumvent defined limits on an account in an unauthorized manner; (vii) Abuse referrals, promotions or credits to get more features than paid for; or (viii) Access, search, or create accounts for the SaaS Service by any means other than HashiCorp’s publicly supported interfaces (for example, “scraping” or creating accounts in bulk).
- Support Services. During the Subscription Term, HashiCorp will provide limited email support for the SaaS Service, which Customer may request by emailing HashiCorp at email@example.com. Customer acknowledges that Support Services do not include support for any open source versions of Terraform, and Customer agrees to request support only for the SaaS Service licensed under this Agreement.
- Usage Limits. Use of the SaaS Service is subject to any usage limits, which may include limitations on features and functionality, that are set forth on the HashiCorp web page where Customer registered for the SaaS Service. If Customer exceeds any such limits, Customer will promptly notify HashiCorp and work with HashiCorp to promptly change its usage to comply with the limits. HashiCorp may periodically verify that Customer’s use of the SaaS Service is within the applicable usage limits, and Customer will promptly and accurately certify and/or provide evidence of Customer’s compliance with the applicable usage limits as may be requested by HashiCorp from time to time.
- Customer Responsibilities for Customer Data and Authorized Users. Customer agrees to promptly notify HashiCorp of any unauthorized access to Authorized User accounts of which Customer becomes aware. Customer has exclusive control and responsibility for determining what data Customer submits to the SaaS Service, for obtaining all necessary consents and permissions for submission of Customer Data and processing instructions to HashiCorp, and for the accuracy, quality and legality of Customer Data. Customer is further responsible for the acts and omissions of Authorized Users in connection with this Agreement, for all use of the SaaS Service by Authorized Users, and for any breach of this Agreement by Authorized Users. Customer will use reasonable measures to prevent and will promptly notify HashiCorp of any known or suspected unauthorized use of Authorized User access credentials.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS AND OWNERSHIP.
- Ownership. The SaaS Service and Documentation, all copies and portions thereof, and all Intellectual Property Rights therein, including, but not limited to derivative works therefrom, are and will remain the sole and exclusive property of HashiCorp notwithstanding any other provision in this Agreement. Customer is not authorized to use (and will not permit any third party to use) the SaaS Service, Documentation or any portion thereof except as expressly authorized by this Agreement.
- License to Customer Data. Customer grants HashiCorp a worldwide, non-exclusive license to host, copy, process, transmit and display Customer Data as reasonably necessary for HashiCorp to provide the SaaS Service in accordance with this Agreement. Subject to this limited license, as between Customer and HashiCorp, Customer owns all right, title and interest, including all related Intellectual Property Rights, in and to the Customer Data.
- Use of Aggregate Information. HashiCorp may collect and aggregate data derived from the operation of the SaaS Service (“Aggregated Data”), and HashiCorp may use such Aggregated Data for purposes of operating HashiCorp's business, monitoring performance of the SaaS Service, and/or improving the SaaS Service; provided, that HashiCorp's use of Aggregated Data does not reveal any Customer Data, Customer Confidential Information, or personally identifiable information of Authorized Users.
- TERM; TERMINATION.
- Effective Date and Term. This Agreement commences on the Effective Date. Unless earlier terminated pursuant to the terms of this Section 5, the Agreement will continue through the Subscription Term. Unless one party notifies the other more than fifteen (15) days before the end of a Subscription Term, each Subscription Term will automatically renew for an additional Subscription Term of the same length.
- Termination for Cause. Either Party may terminate this Agreement immediately upon written notice to the other Party: (a) if the other Party breaches or fails to perform or observe any material term or condition of this Agreement and such default has not been cured within fifteen (15) days after written notice of such default to the other Party; or (b) if the other Party (i) terminates or suspends its business, (ii) becomes subject to any insolvency proceeding under federal or state statute, (iii) becomes insolvent or subject to direct control by a trustee, receiver or similar authority, or (iv) has wound up or liquidated, voluntarily or otherwise. For the avoidance of doubt, termination of this Agreement will result in the termination of all Subscription Terms.
- Termination for Convenience; Suspension. Either Party may terminate this Agreement for any reason or no reason by providing the other party at least fifteen (15) days prior written notice. In addition, HashiCorp may discontinue or suspend Customer’s access to the SaaS Service immediately if Customer has (or HashiCorp reasonably suspects that Customer has) breached Section 2.2 or infringed HashiCorp’s Intellectual Property Rights.
- Effect of Termination. Upon expiration or termination of this Agreement for any reason: (a) HashiCorp’s obligation to provide Support Services and the SaaS Service will terminate, (b) all of Customer’s and its Authorized Users’ rights to use the SaaS Service will terminate, and (c) the provisions of Sections 4.3, 6.4, 7, 8, 9, and 10 of this Agreement will survive such expiration or termination.
- Treatment of Customer Data Following Expiration or Termination. Customer agrees that following termination of this Agreement, HashiCorp may immediately deactivate Customer’s account(s) for the SaaS Service, and HashiCorp has the right to delete those accounts, including all Customer Data, from HashiCorp’s site unless legally prohibited. Customer acknowledges and agrees that is responsible to retrieve Customer Data from the SaaS Service prior to expiration of this Agreement.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES.
- By Each Party. Each Party represents and warrants that it has the power and authority to enter into this Agreement and that its respective provision and use of the SaaS Service is in compliance with laws applicable to such Party.
- Conformity with Documentation. HashiCorp warrants that, during the Subscription Term, the SaaS Service will perform materially in accordance with the applicable Documentation. In the event of a material breach of the foregoing warranty, Customer’s exclusive remedy and HashiCorp’s entire liability will be for Customer to request HashiCorp’s assistance through the Support Services, which HashiCorp will provide in accordance with its obligations under Section 2.3 (“Support Services”).
- Malicious Code. HashiCorp warrants that, to the best of its knowledge, the SaaS Service is free from, and HashiCorp will not knowingly introduce, software viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code, files, scripts, or agents intended to do harm.
- WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS. EXCEPT FOR THE EXCLUSIVE WARRANTIES SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION 6, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, THE SAAS SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND HASHICORP MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, WITH REGARDING OR RELATING TO THE SAAS SERVICE, DOCUMENTATION OR SUPPORT SERVICES. HASHICORP SPECIFICALLY AND EXPLICITLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, THOSE ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OR TRADE, AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. FURTHER, HASHICORP DOES NOT WARRANT THE SAAS SERVICE WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE USE OF THE SAAS SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED.
- By HashiCorp. Subject to the remainder of this Section 7 and the liability limitations set forth in Section 8, HashiCorp will: (a) defend Customer against any third party claim that the SaaS Service infringes any trademark or copyright of such third party, enforceable in the jurisdiction of Customer’s use of the SaaS Service, or misappropriates a trade secret (but only to the extent that such misappropriation is not a result of Customer’s actions) (“Infringement Claim”); and (b) indemnify Customer against and pay any settlement of such Infringement Claim consented to by HashiCorp or any damages finally awarded against Customer to such third party by a court of competent jurisdiction. HashiCorp will have no obligation and assumes no liability under this Section 7 or otherwise with respect to any claim to the extent based on: (a) any modification of the SaaS Service that is not performed by or on behalf of HashiCorp, or was performed in compliance with Customer’s specifications; (b) the combination, operation or use of the SaaS Service with any Customer Data or any Customer or third party products, services, hardware, data, content, or business processes not provided by HashiCorp where there would be no Infringement Claim but for such combination; (c) use of the SaaS Service other than in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement and the Documentation; or (d) Customer’s or any Authorized User’s use of the SaaS Service other than as permitted under this Agreement SaaS Service. THIS SECTION 7 STATES CUSTOMER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND HASHICORP’S ENTIRE LIABILITY FOR ANY INFRINGEMENT CLAIMS OR ACTIONS.
- Remedies. Should the SaaS Service become, or in HashiCorp’s opinion be likely to become, the subject of an Infringement Claim, HashiCorp may, at its option (i) procure for Customer the right to use the SaaS Service in accordance with this Agreement; (ii) replace or modify, the SaaS Service to make it non-infringing; or (iii) terminate Customer’s right to use the SaaS Service and discontinue the related Support Services.
- By Customer. Customer will defend, indemnify and hold harmless HashiCorp and its Affiliates, and its and their directors, officers, employees, agents and licensors, from and against any damages and costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs incurred by the indemnified parties) finally awarded against them in connection with any claim arising from (i) Customer’s use of the SaaS Service or (ii) Customer Data ; provided, that Customer will have no obligation under this Section 7.3 to the extent the applicable claim arises from HashiCorp’s breach of this Agreement.
- Indemnity Process. Each Party’s indemnification obligations are conditioned on the indemnified party: (a) promptly giving written notice of the claim to the indemnifying Party; (b) giving the indemnifying Party sole control of the defense and settlement of the claim; and (c) providing to the indemnifying Party all available information and assistance in connection with the claim, at the indemnifying Party’s request and expense. The indemnified Party may participate in the defense of the claim, at the indemnified Party’s sole expense (not subject to reimbursement). Neither Party may admit liability for or consent to any judgment or concede or settle or compromise any claim unless such admission or concession or settlement or compromise includes a full and unconditional release of the other Party from all liabilities in respect of such claim.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
- Damages Exclusion; Liability Cap. IN NO EVENT WILL EITHER PARTY OR ITS AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF USE, BUSINESS INTERRUPTIONS, LOSS OF DATA, REVENUE, GOODWILL, PRODUCTION, ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, OR COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, WHETHER ALLEGED AS A BREACH OF CONTRACT OR TORTIOUS CONDUCT, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, EVEN IF A PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. EXCEPT WITH RESPECT TO LIABILITY ARISING FROM ITS OBLIGATIONS UNDER SECTION 7 (“INDEMNIFICATION”) (FOR WHICH THE LIABILITY LIMITATION IS ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS ($100,000) IN THE AGGREGATE), IN NO EVENT WILL HASHICORP’S TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING UNDER THIS AGREEMENT EXCEED TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS ($10,000). NOTHING IN THIS SECTION 8.1 WILL BE DEEMED TO LIMIT EITHER PARTY’S LIABILITY FOR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT, GROSS NEGLIGENCE, FRAUD, OR INFRINGEMENT BY ONE PARTY OF THE OTHER’S INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS.
- Limitations Fair and Reasonable. EACH PARTY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION 8 REFLECT THE ALLOCATION OF RISK BETWEEN THE PARTIES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, AND THAT IN THE ABSENCE OF SUCH LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY, THE ECONOMIC TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT WOULD BE SIGNIFICANTLY DIFFERENT.
- CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION.
- Confidentiality. “Confidential Information” means this Agreement, the SaaS Service, HashiCorp pricing information, HashiCorp technical information, Customer Data and any other information disclosed by one party (“Discloser”) to the other (“Recipient”) in connection with this Agreement that is designated as confidential or that reasonably should be understood to be confidential given the nature of the information and the circumstances of disclosure. Recipient may use Discloser’s Confidential Information solely to perform Recipient’s obligations or exercise its rights hereunder. Recipient will not disclose, or permit to be disclosed, Discloser’s Confidential Information to any third party without Discloser’s prior written consent, except that Recipient may disclose Discloser’s Confidential Information solely to Recipient’s employees and/or subcontractors who have a need to know and who are bound in writing to keep such information confidential pursuant to confidentiality agreements consistent with this Agreement. Recipient agrees to exercise due care in protecting Discloser’s Confidential Information from unauthorized use and disclosure, and in any case will not use less than the degree of care a reasonable person would use. The foregoing will not apply to any information that: (a) was in the public domain at the time it was communicated to the Recipient by the Discloser; (b) entered the public domain subsequent to the time it was communicated to the Recipient by the Discloser through no fault of the Recipient; (c) was in the Recipient’s possession free of any obligation of confidence at the time it was communicated to the Recipient by the Discloser; (d) was rightfully communicated to the Recipient free of any obligation of confidence subsequent to the time it was communicated to the Recipient by the Discloser; (e) it was developed by employees or agents of the Recipient independently of and without reference to any information communicated to the Recipient by the Discloser; or (f) is expressly permitted to be disclosed pursuant to the terms of this Agreement.
- Compelled Disclosure. The Recipient will not be in violation of Section 9.1 regarding a disclosure that was in response to a valid order by a court or other governmental body, provided that the Recipient provides the Discloser with prior written notice of such disclosure in order to permit the Discloser to seek confidential treatment of such information.
- Feedback. To the extent Customer provides any suggestions, recommendations or other feedback specifically relating to the SaaS Service or Support Services (collectively, “Feedback”), Customer grants to HashiCorp a royalty free, fully paid, sub-licensable, transferable (notwithstanding Section 10.1 (“Assignment”), non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right and license to make, use, sell, offer for sale, import and otherwise exploit Feedback (including by incorporation of such Feedback into the SaaS Service without restrictions).
- Sensitive Data. Customer agrees that it will not submit the following types of information to the SaaS Service except with HashiCorp’s prior written approval: government-issued identification numbers, consumer financial account information, credit and payment card information, personal health information, or information deemed “sensitive” under applicable law (such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, or religious or philosophical beliefs) or personal data (as described in the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data) of data subjects that reside in the European Economic Area (EEA). If Customer wishes to submit any such European personal data to the SaaS Service, Customer will notify HashiCorp and the parties may enter into a separate data processing agreement (including the European Commission’s Standard Contract Clauses for the transfer of personal data to processors established in third countries which do not ensure an adequate level of data protection) with HashiCorp prior to submission of such personal data to the SaaS Service. Customer represents and warrants that it has obtained all necessary consents and permissions from data subjects for the submission and processing of personal data in the SaaS Service.
- Assignment. Neither Party may assign this Agreement, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of the other Party, provided that no such consent will be required to assign this Agreement in its entirety to (i) an Affiliate that is able to satisfy the obligations of the assignor under this Agreement or (ii) a successor in interest in connection with a merger, acquisition or sale of all or substantially of the assigning Party’s assets, provided that the assignee has agreed to be bound by all of the terms of this Agreement and all fees owed to the other Party are paid in full. If Customer is acquired by, sells substantially all of its assets to, or undergoes a change of control in a favor of, a direct competitor of HashiCorp, then HashiCorp may terminate this Agreement immediately upon written notice.
- Anti-Corruption. Each Party acknowledges that it is aware of, understands and has complied and will comply with, all applicable U.S. and foreign anti-corruption laws, including without limitation, the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”) and the U.K. Bribery Act.
- Notices. Notices to a Party will be sent by first-class mail, overnight courier or prepaid post to the address for such Party as identified on the first page of this Agreement and will be deemed given seventy-two (72) hours after mailing or upon confirmed delivery or receipt, whichever is sooner. Customer will address notices to HashiCorp Legal Department, with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. Either Party may from time to time change its address for notices under this Section by giving the other Party at least thirty (30) days prior written notice of the change in accordance with this Section 10.3.
- Non-waiver. Any failure of either Party to insist upon or enforce performance by the other Party of any of the provisions of this Agreement or to exercise any rights or remedies under this Agreement will not be interpreted or construed as a waiver or relinquishment of such Party's right to assert or rely upon such provision, right or remedy in that or any other instance.
- Governing Law. This Agreement will be governed by the Applicable Law (without regard to the conflicts of law provisions of any jurisdiction), and claims arising out of or in connection with this Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Applicable Jurisdiction based on the Customer's residence, as provided in the following table:
Customer Residence Applicable Law Applicable Jurisdiction North America & South America State of California, United States San Francisco, California, United States Europe, Middle East, Africa England London, United Kingdom Asia Singapore Singapore Australia, New Zealand New South Wales, Australia Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Each Party irrevocably submits to the personal jurisdiction and venue of and agrees to service of process issued or authorized by, any court in the Applicable Jurisdiction in any action or proceeding. Neither the United Nations Convention of Contracts for the International Sale of Goods nor the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act will apply to this Agreement.
- Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable under applicable law by a court of competent jurisdiction, it will be replaced with the valid provision that most closely reflects the intent of the Parties and the remaining provisions of the Agreement will remain in full force and effect.
- Relationship of the Parties. Nothing in this Agreement is to be construed as creating an agency, partnership, or joint venture relationship between the Parties hereto. Neither Party has any right or authority to assume or create any obligations or to make any representations or warranties on behalf of any other Party, whether express or implied, or to bind the other Party in any respect whatsoever. Each Party may identify the other as a customer or supplier, as applicable.
- U.S. Government Restricted Rights. If the SaaS Service is being licensed by the U.S. Government, the SaaS Service is “commercial computer software” and “commercial computer documentation” developed exclusively at private expense, and (a) if acquired by or on behalf of a civilian agency, will be subject solely to the terms of this computer software license as specified in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 of the Federal Acquisition Regulations and its successors; and (b) if acquired by or on behalf of units of the Department of Defense (“DOD”) will be subject to the terms of this commercial computer software license as specified in 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-2, DOD FAR Supplement and its successors.
- Export Laws. Each Party will comply with the export laws and regulations of the United States and other applicable jurisdictions in providing and using the SaaS Service. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Customer represents that it is not named on any U.S. government denied-party list and will not make the SaaS Service available to any user or entity that is located in a country that is subject to a U.S. government embargo, or is listed on any U.S. government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
- Entire Agreement; Execution. This Agreement comprises the entire agreement between Customer and HashiCorp, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous proposals, quotes, negotiations, discussions, or agreements, whether written or oral, between the Parties regarding its subject matter. In the event of a conflict between the terms of this Agreement and any other document referenced in this Agreement, this Agreement will control. Any preprinted terms on any Customer ordering documents or terms referenced or linked therein will have no effect on the terms of this Agreement and are hereby rejected, including where such Customer ordering document is signed by HashiCorp. This Agreement may be executed in counterparts, which taken together form one binding legal instrument. The Parties hereby consent to the use of electronic signatures in connection with the execution of this Agreement, and further agree that electronic signatures to this Agreement will be legally binding with the same force and effect as manually executed signatures.
Last updated: August 30, 2019