»Terraform Enterprise Pre-Install Checklist
Complete all of the following tasks before installing Terraform Enterprise.
»Choose an Operational Mode
Choose an operational mode for Terraform Enterprise. Each operational mode has a different approach to data reliability and availability. You must make this decision before you begin installation because some modes have additional requirements. You cannot change the operational mode once Terraform Enterprise is running.
You must obtain an Enterprise license and a TLS certificate for Terraform Enterprise to use. If you choose the external services operational mode, Terraform Enterprise requires access to an S3-compliant endpoint for object storage. Refer to Credentials for details.
»Prepare Data Storage
Make sure your data storage services or device meet Terraform Enterprise's requirements. These differ depending on the operational mode you choose for your instance. Refer to the following for your use case:
- Operational Mode Data Storage Requirements
- PostgreSQL Requirements
- Minio Setup Guide
- Externally Managed Vault
»Configure Linux Instance
You must prepare a running Linux instance for Terraform Enterprise before running the installer. This might require additional configuration or software installation, depending on the operating system (OS) and your operational requirements. You will start and manage this instance like any other server.
Configure the following for the Linux Instance:
- Operating System: Refer to Supported OS for details.
- Hardware: Incorrect amounts of disk space or memory can cause significant performance issues. Refer to Hardware Requirements for details.
- Network: Terraform Enterprise is a networked application. Its Linux instance(s) must allow several kinds of incoming and outgoing network traffic. Refer to Network Requirements for details.
- Docker Engine: Terraform Enterprise requires a Docker engine. Refer to Docker Requirements for configuration details.